Friday, March 15, 2013

Banh Mi! (no banh)

No Banh Banh Mi
I have put on a few ellbees recently and in order to get back on track I am trying to eat more whole foods hence the banh mi on red rice instead of on a roll. I think I prefer it this way. K had his the old fashioned way on a baguette and we both agreed that it was going in the regular rotation. In fact, we made this twice in one week! I rehydrated soy curls in veg broth for about 30 minutes and drained then squeezed out as much liquid as I could. Next I marinated them for a bit, stir fried it and boom!

Soy Curl Marinade
2 Tbs. tamari or soy sauce
1 Tbs. sesame oil (I used toasted)
1 Tbs. rice vinegar
1 tsp. grated ginger
a squirt of agave
red pepper flakes
tad of salt

Himalayan red rice is new in our house and we love it! Much more substantial than white rice and more flavorful than brown. K doesn't like brown rice, which I find insane. The dressing drizzled on top of the veggies is veganaise and sriracha mixed together.
So cook up some rice, chop up some veggies, stir fry some protein and dig in!

No comments:

Post a Comment