Wednesday, September 25, 2013

S is for Spaghetti Squash

I could prolly get away with making this week squash themed as this is my second day in a row of squash dinners. I still have kabocha soup to make with my leftover roasted squash from yesterday. I didn't actually make this dinner, K did, and I have to give props where props are due. So thanks for the healthy and delicious dinner K! I did make our salad (not pictured) and garlic bread though so I wasn't completely worthless. If you have never cooked with spaghetti squash before, go get some. It is the easiest thing in the world to make and is good for you too!

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Take a sharp knife and cut the squash in half lengthwise (be careful!) Then pierce the flesh a few times.
Place squash halves cut side down in a glass or pyrex baking pan with 1/2 inch of water.
Bake until the sides are soft, about 30 minutes.
Take out and cool for a few minutes.
Turn over squash and use the tines of a fork to scrape the squash out of the shell, or leave it in the shell like we did.
Add your sauce and viola! Dindin!

I am not sure what was in the sauce except for mushrooms, fresh basil and tomatoes. More than that I would guess. I added some fresh basil to the top for some extra goodness and color. Arrivederci!


No comments:

Post a Comment